I’m one of those people that just gets enamored with the Olympics. It doesn’t matter if it is the Summer or Winter games, I just can’t get enough. Stuff that I would normally find painfully boring to watch … like Nordic combined … I am glued to the TV and rooting for my fellow countrymen. Speaking of Nordic combined, big congrats to Bill Demong and Johnny Spillane for bringing the USA our first ever Olympic medals in this sport. Stuff like that is what the Olympics are all about.
Back in the fall me and my little brother (I know proper grammar is “my little brother and I”, but that has always sounded stupid to me so I don’t talk that way … turn me into the Internet Grammar Police) were planning a trip to Vancouver. We were looking at flights, hotels, and rental cars. My brother even got his passport and we talked to our grandma about using part of her timeshare. Some stuff came up and our plans just never materialized.
As I was watching the Olympics come to a close yesterday I was a little sad that we didn’t make it up there for a couple of reasons. First, it would have been a damn good time. Don’t worry Mrs. DFCF, I promise I would have stayed away from the Olympic Village. It just seemed like one huge rockin’ party that I hate I missed out on. Second, it would have allowed me to cross something off my personal bucket list. That got me thinking … what would DFCF’s bucket list look like?
I know the suspense and anticipation is killing you, so without further ado here is DFCF’s bucket list (in no particular order):
- Be Mr. Wuf for a half.
- Watch a game at Carter-Finley from a suite in Vaughn Towers.
- Tailgate in the Carter-Finley RV lot with my tailgate crew for a whole weekend.
- Take a “behind the scenes” tour of everything that goes into Gameday at Carter-Finley … especially the jumbotron. (I’m a technology guy.)
- Perform the coin toss for a game at Carter-Finley.
- Get to follow along on a recruit’s official visit
- Visit the Press Box at Carter-Finley during a game.
- Help the grounds crew paint the field at Carter-Finley before a game.
- Attend a BCS bowl game that the Wolfpack is playing in.
- ******** ** ***** ***** ** *** 50 yard line ** ******-******. (Edited to keep this blog rated PG.)
That’s the list for now. I reserve the right to add more stuff to it later, but I’m pretty sure this list will be tough enough to complete as is. I’ll come back and revisit this whenever I can cross something off. For now I need to start working on how I can make some of this stuff happen. If you, or anybody you know, can assist me in completing one (or more) of these things please drop me a line (dfcf99 at gmail dot come). Thanks!