Here’s The Spreadsheet (again courtesy of Graham) with all stats, injury report news, etc., etc. updated through the Carolina game. Here’s a few highlights:
- Our 1st quarter TD against Carolina is the only first quarter points we’ve scored this season against a BCS conference opponent.
- Punter Will Baumann pinned Carolina inside the 10 on 4 out of his 7 punts last week. Studly!
- David Amerson had another interception bringing his season total to 9 which still leads the nation and breaks the school record set by Art Rooney (1937 and 1938). He’s two interceptions shy of the ACC record.
- This is the second year in a row that we’ve held UNC to less than 5 yards rushing (-7 yards last year and 3 yards this year).
- We absolutely dominated the field position battle. Our average starting field position was Own 39 while Carolina’s average starting field position was Own 22. Almost an exact reversal of last week’s game against FSU.
- James Washington had his third 100 yard rushing game of the season and leads the team with 636 yards rushing. He’s also third on the team in receptions (26) and fourth in receiving yards (225).
- With 3 interceptions against the Tar Heels we now have 19 on the season which is tops in the country. We’re also 10th in the country in turnover margin (+9).
Note: I was using Zoho Sheet, but have decided to switch over to Google Docs. The spreadsheet still loses some formatting, but it looks much better and seems to be easier to navigate through the different tabs.